-
October 23rd, 2000, 04:02 PM
#1
Inactive Member
Yes. 320cc is enough for 10psi, though you will still need to raise fuel pressure up to the 80-90psi range at max boost.
I plan on doing the same.
Greg
-
October 23rd, 2000, 04:03 PM
#2
-
October 23rd, 2000, 07:12 PM
#3
Inactive Member
just curious, why dont you go with ever bigger injectors and put aside running high fuel pressure..
Im running 550cc 's with stock fuel pressure.... and there is plenty of room to even flood the thing on demand should i configure the APEXi to do so...
-
October 23rd, 2000, 08:02 PM
#4
Inactive Member
See this is what I'm trying to determine. I've heard here and there that 320cc is sufficient, but I do like your higher flow, lower pressure approach. What is the caveat to this approach? There has to be one, there is a caveat to everything in this go-fast game that we love to play.
------------------
'98 GSR JRSC with all sorts of high-performance, high-tech, overpriced stuff packed in all over the place.
http://www.donia.org/clandestine
-
October 24th, 2000, 01:09 AM
#5
Inactive Member
Caveat ? meaning ? Well the only downfall that i see is the fact that the fuel pressure doesnt increase fuel flow... but rather the trottle and MAP readings dooo... this makes for tuning the 1st to second shift fuel delivery interesting .. but possible...
-
October 24th, 2000, 01:14 AM
#6
Inactive Member
The bigger injectors get into trouble being too rich under some circumstances.
Plus, in order to use them, you need a fuel controller or some kind of engine management system to lean them out.
Greg
-
October 24th, 2000, 02:29 AM
#7
Inactive Member
i think 320 is good enough, in fact, you should be lean. and if run 320s at 80-90psi, u'll be so rich that u be losing LOTS of power. keep in mind that when JRSC comes with the FPR, they only needed it for more fuel, if u changed to bigger injector, u dont need to raise the pressure. i am running about 45psi on 320 RC injectors, and on dyno i am still running a bit rich, 12.5:1 air/fuel ratio i think. which is pretty rich.
-
October 24th, 2000, 02:32 AM
#8
Inactive Member
you should be rich, not lean...sorry hee hee
-
October 24th, 2000, 03:14 AM
#9
Inactive Member
Subject basically says it all. I'm gearing up to purchase the rest of my fuel system components before beginning the process of installation/tuning. I'm taking another poll before getting the injectors as this seems to be a topic of controversy, somewhat.
I'm pretty sure that I want the Venoms, not the RC's, as this is a DD, not a full race car. I just dont want to have to do buy another set down the road because I bought the wrong ones initially.
Show me the light!
------------------
'98 GSR JRSC with all sorts of high-performance, high-tech, overpriced stuff packed in all over the place.
http://www.donia.org/clandestine
-
October 24th, 2000, 05:49 AM
#10
Senior Hostboard Member
320's work JUST FINE in my car... and my boost gauge typically registers 9.5 psi.
My idle pressures under vaccuum are 22psi and my peak fuel pressures are just under 50 psi !!!
BTW, if you get much larger than this size, the OE ECU cannot pull out enough duty cycle to idle well... this translates into one of three results: high idle (like 1000 rpm+), choppy idle, or a hunting idle (revs from say 700 to 1800 then repeats).
This is of course assuming that you are NOT using some type of injector controller.
------------------
'93 Civic Si H/B with B18C1, JRSC @ 8psi
Best 1320: 12.68 at 110 mph
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks